Coping with stress and avoiding burnout using techniques from an Energy Healer
It was recently Stress Awareness Day, and it started me thinking abut ways I could help my clients cope with their stresses and avoid burnout at this incredibly busy time of year. So I asked the incredibly talented Heide Cussell to share ways to cope with stress and avoid burnout in a guest blog and here it is, enjoy and I hope it helps.
Over to Heide …..
I think every day should be stress awareness; it is simply a killer, of fun and of health.
I see the body as a device that needs balancing….constantly. However, it operates with the physical (organs, muscles etc), has hidden energies, such as emotions and mental (intelligence).
Not everyone can afford to see a therapist but everyone can afford to take the time out for themselves and incorporate some best practices. These practices I actively advise my clients to do.
What is stress?
Stress is an emotional response to doing more than the physical, emotional or mental body can currently handle. It is inflammatory on the body, putting the body in a higher pH acidity than it needs to be, then dis-ease begins. It affects your spleen which may become weaker, affecting your immune and defence response. Energetically you are not breathing in any fresh prana, just circulating the old “shite”.
Why do we need to keep physically well if it is an emotional response?
The physical is obvious, we know that to keep the body well we need to do a number of things, like exercise, sleep/rest, breathe properly and eat well. But why and how does keeping physically fit help us cope with stress and avoid burn out?
The body is constantly trying to keep a pH balance 7, when the body has any inflammation the body becomes more acidic; more acidity means that you are at higher risk if developing a physical dis-ease. The irony is that most people don’t realise that most physical dis-eases start with years of stress build up, and where it physicalises it is dependant on the individual and genetic disposition and thoughts.
So by time you have reached body burnout, you may be experiencing weight gain/loss, bloating, hair loss, headaches/migraines, hypertension, thyroidism, diabetes, stroke heart complaints, arthritis, liver and kidney complaints, sexual dysfunction and desire, and cancer.
The body has been dropping hints to you for years, and you chose not to listen.
Prior to all these ailments developing you would have had earlier messages from your body; often misinterpreted emotions (because it’s easier to blame others than acknowledge the issue that we are just full of stress). And yes, everyone knows we can’t been seen to have any weakness; such as stress or inability to cope with the ever increasing work load to make profit!
These signals include; fatigue, exhaustion, lack motivation, procrastination, avoidance and poor prioritising, becoming unsociable, insomnia, irritability anger, inability to think clearly and listen poorly, perfectionism, critical of others, refusal to share work load, chest pains, vision disturbances, headaches, dizziness, feeling cold.
They then become grander, so although you rest for a couple for days or go on holiday and feel you have re-set, you know you haven’t re-set – as often the first thing we say is, ‘I feel I haven’t been away’.
Grander behaviours and emotions kick in (because you are not listening to you), like anxiety, depression, breakdowns, fighting, relationships breakdowns, affairs (need for escapism) and suicidal thoughts.
You start to feel alienated and notice money issues creeping in, people are just not connecting with you. You are sick, you are unwell and you need to take action (above and beyond what the NHS will do).
So, the Good News:
It’s not all doom and gloom, you can reduce your acidity.
You can help yourself with some of these activities and incorporating them into your daily life.
Here are some things you can do to reduce you daily stress are:
- Schedule, stick to it. We are creatures of habit – a routine works especially for those of you who tend to give more. Including your sleep during this time. Your body’s organs detox at certain times of the night, so make sure you are asleep by 11pm; aim for 7-8 hours sleep a day.
- Breathe – like an expert! Most of us breathe just into our chest, this is not what we did when we born, we now breathe with stuck tension, causing many stresses on the body. Learn to breathe again; breathe in through nose (it corrects the air temperature for your body, and filters out particles, straight into you abdomen, then stomach then then chest. Breathe out through mouth, chest, stomach then abdomen. In and out breathe count should be the same amount of seconds, Repeat for 7 cycles every hour, or up to 21 minutes once a day. You should be thinking of one positive word like joy, happiness, love etc
- Eat well, (I am not going to scream “be plant based”), but do increase your plant food and herbs; they actually are designed to be complete food. They alkaline the body and herbs detoxify the system. You do start to feel ‘cleaner’ inside. If you choose to eat meat, eat the best you can and no more than a 1/3 of the size of your fist. Eat the vegetables before you eat the meat. Avoid or reduce food that are inflammatory, like sugar, gluten, meat and dairy. But first increase you plant based diet before you do this.
- Avoid drinks that are high in sugar and alcohol; again inflammatory. A good starting drink to alkaline yourself is warm water with fresh lemon and ginger.
- Drink Celery juice regularly and eat apples and dates to keep the internal organs clean and working optimally.
If you wish to know more a great documentary currently is: The Game Changers on Netflix.
- Exercise (or movement) or dance. At least three times a week or do some walking or stretching every hour – this literally burns up excess negative energies, and help alkaline the body and put the good hormones back in. Also it gets the lymphatic system moving, removing further toxins from the body.
- Superbrain yoga stimulates and clears the mind and transmutes excess sexual energy for increased ideas and creativity (not to be done if menstruating or pregnant).
Here’s the link: https://www.pranicwithheide.com/meditations
- Use essential oils in your home and office and up your personal hygiene, by washing your hands often – we do a lot of hand shaking. Oils include: chamomile, sage, bergamot, lavender, tea tree, orange, lemon, germanium and black pepper (for laziness). Energetically they do so much for removing toxins, virus, bacteria and negative energies. If cancer is in the home or office use sandalwood oils too.
- Bathe in lavender salt water before bed. It de-stresses the body but also clears the mind, energetically it removes dirty energy, you can bath in tea-tree too.
- Up your vitamins, your body is under a lot of stress to stay balanced and not all that we consume will have the correct vitamin and mineral content.
- Take Probiotics to correct the gut flora.
- Laugh often, and do something different. Volunteer for a local charity.
- Have a pen and paper next to your bed, if you wake with your dream state still there, then write down key words. Ground your self!
- Wake up; write you intention and gratitude for the day; ie “Thank you for a day filled with ideas and inspiration, good health and joy for me and my family”. Change according to what you want.
- Go to sleep with a positive thought, and say thank you to yourself for doing so amazing – even if there was some shite experiences; you are strong and you saw it through.
- If you want; just before you sleep; ask for the solution to a problem; this has worked for many people. Upon waking you ask for solution before you get out of bed.
- Write your story; burn it. Write down anything that has upset you, burn it. Huge impact on the body, emotional and mental health. People often find their root issues through this method
- Meditate (or time out without thinking) Busy people should meditate, very busy people should meditate more. Choose one that resonates, if it starts to irritate, you have evolved, find another. Emerald Waterfall is excellent for stress and only 9 mins, can be done 4 times a day, and it a healing. Also Meditation on Twin Hearts – a mediation that has been medically proven to heal – 21 minutes. Do not mediate if pregnant,
- Remember, you choose your emotions. Choose wisely.
I know there seems a lot, but it is many little things. Everyone wants to be well; only you can make the decision to be well… with a little help and guidance.
How can I help you?
If you feel you have gone too far to do any of these, then come and have a chat with me – I can jump start you back to where you choose to be!
Please call me on 07551 938 268, or email me on: www.pranicwithheide.com for a free 10 minute consultation.
I help removed those hidden or forgotten blockages, thoughts or feelings that are holding you back from being successful personally or business life, that may have manifested in your physical, emotional or mental self.
If you’d like to find out more then please do visit my website: www.pranicwithheide.com
How can Blake Consultants support you
Our goal is to help you, as a business owner, to grow your business by getting the most value out of your three most valuable assets:
- Your contacts/data
- Your processes and systems
When you make the most of your contacts/data you are in the best place possible to increase your revenue. When you have efficient, repeatable processes in your business, you reduce the cost of sales. Both of these give the business owner more headspace to focus on growing their business.
The overall result is an increase in net profit.
I’m always happy to have a chat – you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been working with CapsuleCRM for over 9 years and helped many clients increase revenue, reduce costs, make the most of their contacts, manage their pipeline and deliver great customer service.
I do this by designing and installing Capsule to meet the client’s needs, offering a bespoke CRM to suit their business requirements. Capsule really is a great solution for coaches and consultants and when it is integrated with Mailchimp and Xero you have really solid foundations in place to grow your business.
To find out more or arrange a time to discuss how I can help you then please do contact me.