When a business experiences sudden and sustained growth, it can really highlight the need to be organised and efficient.
This is exactly what happened to Kate Cooper, Founder of Absolute Architecture. Luckily, she was able to work with Blake Consultants to implement a multi-user CRM, designed specifically for her business.
Kate launched Absolute Architects in 2008 and has worked steadily with private clients on their residential design needs.
Over the past 2-3 years, the business has begun to expand and now totals a team of eight – with five architects and admin staff. Added to the considerable multiplication of inbound enquiries during 2020, and Kate quickly found she needed more control than her trusty spreadsheets could provide.
Julia worked closely with Kate to create a bespoke CRM for the business. This needed to be multi-user so that all members of the team could access and update it. In addition, Kate was really keen to get a good handle on her pipeline so she could ensure she progressed enquiries quickly and efficiently.
Julia was also able to help Kate update and improve her GDPR policy, ensuring full compliance with the legislation.
Absolute Architecture’s Story
“I’d taken on a part-time member of staff to deal with all our enquiries” explains Kate, “which I think were as a result of people preferring to extend and improve rather than relocate during the pandemic.” Kate’s new addition to the team was working 20 hours per month trying to pre-qualify leads and save the team time when it came to booking appointments with prospective clients.
“Capsule is a very intuitive system” says Kate, “there’s not a huge learning curve so we were able to see the benefits really quickly. One major one is that I’ve been able to reassign my new resource to focus on delivering core business because the CRM takes away the onerous admin work.”
Kate loves that Capsule is visual because that appeals to her way of working. She says the system is now “open all the time, and we are using it on a daily basis.”
Kate and the team have uncovered several benefits which enable them to offer an even better service to their clients:
- Contact interactions are now consolidated so if a client speaks to different people, the conversations are captured centrally, meaning we are more professional and efficient
- Invoicing is now fully integrated as Capsule ‘speaks’ to Xero meaning peace of mind when it comes to cash flow
- Absolute Architecture often needs to refer clients to other experts and Capsule keeps a track of these names too, making it quick and easy to refer and connect
“The best thing about making this change to the way we work was the speed from first engaging with Julia to having a working CRM” enthuses Kate. “Julia is very efficient, created a really clear proposal with next steps continually communicated. She is always tracking and reporting on progress of the project and is super responsive with enquiries. Quite simply, she made it happen.”
“I meet so many business owners who are taken by surprise when their workload takes off. Kate and her team were being challenged by the sheer volume of interest in their services and it’s my job to remove this challenge from the people who should be focused on delivery. Capsule is so powerful because of the ability to customise it for each individual business. Things like tags and filters are invaluable when you need your admin and customer relationship building activity to be quick and seamless.”
“Julia is very efficient…always tracking and reporting on progress of the project and is super responsive with enquiries. Quite simply, she made it happen. ”
“Capsule is so powerful because of the ability to customise it for each individual business. Things like tags and filters are invaluable when you need your admin and customer relationship building activity to be quick and seamless.”
How could Blake Consultants help you?
If you run a small to medium sized business and would like future growth and success, here’s how Blake Consultants can help:
1. Experiencing overwhelm? We will reduce your workload and increase your revenue by making you more efficient;
2. Experiencing high success? We’ll set up your business to enable you to cope with high levels of delivery and have time to plan and grow;
3. Reached a growth milestone? Our CRM solution will enable you to recruit and maintain consistency of approach;
4. Struggling to convert opportunities? We will help you find the time to nurture your business and segment your activities and messaging;
5. Forward thinker? As a very early start-up who recognises you need a business structure to grow in to, we should be your first stop.
If you’re a coach, consultant or other service-focused business owner, ambitious for growth, contact Julia on 07775 791682 or Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org for an initial free consultation.