11 Quick Tips to Maximise Your LinkedIn Activity
Of all the social platforms, LinkedIn is one which has changed the most over recent years – it now has 630 million users, 40% of whom are on it EVERY day, and it is THE place to be!
LinkedIn as evolved from a platform primarily focused on recruitment to the number one channel that B2B marketers use, but don’t be put off if you are a B2C business – if you know who your Ideal Client is and if they “hang out” on LinkedIn then you need to be investing time and energy on this platform too.
If you don’t know who your Ideal Client is, or you don’t have an Ideal Client Avatar then click here to download my free eBook: Understand the Importance of Knowing Your Ideal Client and Create Your Own Avatar
Here are some of our tips and recommendations to help you get the most out of this excellent social media platform:
- The optimum number of posts is one a day.
- For most people the optimum time to post is: between 10am to 11am – but it might not be for your Ideal Client.
- You can schedule your post using a tool like Hootsuite.
- Keep your posts business like, don’t sell: curate, re-share one post every other day.
- Upload a headshot to your profile. Profiles with professional pictures get 14 times more views.
- Make sure you have a cover photo which is on brand.
- Invest time in your profile. You really are “on show”.
- Use the new Video feature.
- Interact, comment, like, engage and share – LinkedIn currently operates a scoring system – to gain exposure posts need 23 points within an hour of posting – a like gives 1 point; shares 2; and comments 3 points.
NB Comments must be 4 words or more to give points, so reply to the comments others make on your post and perhaps get a group together to help each other out.
- Make the most of the updates and the ability to write and share Articles.
- Use images.
How do you know if it’s working:
LinkedIn has a brilliant analytics tool – all you have to do is visit https://www.linkedin.com/sales/ssi and check out your score, you’ll be given an explanation of what the score means and valuable information to increase that score!
Scores of 70 and above mean you are a social selling leader who will benefit by generating more opportunities for your business. (Top tip though, the SSI scores are generated by and for LinkedIn so need to be considered in context. Extra ‘points’ are given for being a Sales Navigator user (LI’s paid for sales-focused plug-in which may or may not be a good investment for smaller businesses.)
How I can support you
My goal is to help you as a business owner to grow your business, by getting the most value out of your 3 most valuable assets:
1. your contacts/data
2. your processes and systems
When you make the most of your contacts/data you are in the best place possible to increase your revenue. When you have efficient, repeatable processes in your business you reduce the cost of sales. Both of these give the business owner more head space to focus on growing their business.
The overall result is an increase in net profit.
Getting LinkedIn right is one component of our Business Accelerator package which helps businesses mobilise their marketing machine, capture leads and manage their CRM and email system.
To learn how we can support your growth pathway, let’s schedule a no obligation call to discuss taking your business to the next step. Please click here to find a time which works for you.
Join my free, live Webinar on Wednesday 17 July and find out what the 3 Achievable Hacks to Unlock Your Growth Potential